Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our First Excursion

Last Monday was International Woman's Day and every woman from ST.George TAFE was invited on an excursion to Hawthorne Park. They Hired a bus so we all met at the Migrat Centre in Rockdale. We left at 10 a.m and arrived in the Park 15 min. later.
First we met an Aboriginal man. His name was Max. He showed us a smoke ceremony and welcomed us. He also told us how important that ceremony was for Aboriginal people. After that we had a short walk through the bush with Max.
Half an hour later we said goodbye to Max. On that day we met another interesting person. I don't remember his name so I'll call him Bushwalker.
He came with his friends-animal: a frog, a bat, a possum and a Tawny frogmouth. They all have names and live in Bushwalker's garden. It was a very exiting experience especialy when we touched them.
About lunch time we got back to Migrat Center and had some sandwiches and fruits. While we were eating, we were listening to a music and some of us were dancing.
For me it was my first excursion and I ejoyed it very much. I hope we'll have another one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment